Dangerous Goods Acceptance Procedure
1. Our procedures concerning dangerous goods are based on the following references :
Indonesia Vessel safety rules
International Maritime Organisation
|2. General Acceptance Conditions|
dangerous goods can be loaded on Asia Global Cargo vessels or
vessels freighted by Asia Global Cargo without prior acceptance
of Asia Global Cargo Dangerous Goods Department who will issue
If requested by Lines Management (Lines) all dangerous goods loaded under Asia Global Cargo Bill of lading on partner's vessels may also request Dangerous Goods Department approval.
Ship Manager/Planner will issue a hazardous booking deadline schedule, all booking requested after the closing time should be submitted to Dangerous Goods Department and Ship Manager/Planner approval before being accepted to client.
Dangerous Goods Department can only accept dangerous goods substances complying with Imo Rules/national and local regulations, Asia Global Cargo Policy (annexe I), Lines instruction and Ship Manager/Planner comments if particular restrictions due to ships configuration.
Acceptance of hazardous cargoes does not relieve shipper and booking agent of their obligations and agent will be held fully responsible for any consequences arising out of their negligence, or negligence of any person working for them directly or indirectly.
|3. Hazardous Cargo Request|
CONSECUTIVE HAZARDOUS REQUEST NUMBER
2. VESSEL NAME AND VOYAGE NUMBER
3. PORT OF LOADING
4. PORT OF DISCHARGE/ PORT OF TRANSHIPMENT/ FINAL DESTINATION
5. TYPE AND SIZE OF CONTAINER
6. NUMBER AND KIND OF OUTER PACKING
7. KIND AND NUMBER (OR CAPACITY) OF INNER PACKING (Information compulsory only if declared in limited quantity and some particular cases)
8. IS OUTER PACKING UN APPROVED (OR EQUIVALENT) YES
9. UN NUMBER / CLASS / ADDITIONAL LABELS
10. CORRECT SHIPPING NAME FOR HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE (Including chemical Hazardous Content name giving rise to hazard for NOS)
11. GROSS / NET WEIGHT (Kgs)
12. FLASH POINT (minimum in Celsius)
13. MARINE POLLUANT YES / NO
14. EMS & MFAG (if not given by IMDG Code, shipper to provide recommendation)
15. ADDITIONAL DETAIL (exemption/special permit/certificates control/weathering certificate, etc.)
16. SOLID / LIQUID / GAS
17. EMCT (Emergency Call Telephone Number) (for US regulated port)
18. CONTAINER NUMBER (if possible at this ship)
|After shipper's agreement the customer will receive a dangerous good declaration he will have to supply at the time of loading|
|4. Asia Global Cargo dangerous cargo acceptance class by class :|
maritime transport of dangerous goods, materials or articles,
the International Maritime Organisation has classified them in
9 classes :
Explosives, gases, flammable liquids, oxidizing substances and organic peroxides, toxic and infectious substances, corrosives and miscellaneous dangerous substance and articles.
A : Acceptable provided comply with international, national & local law rules, port and terminal rules and charter party terms and lines restrictions
A (1) Acceptable on a case by case basis
In reefer :
1. No class 6.1 (Toxic substances)
2. Class 3 (Flammable Liquids): Acceptable provided reefer temperature never reaches the safety temperature, if it does, reefer will be kept stopped. Safety temperature is 5\B0C below Flash Point.
3. Other class see line instructions.
4. See also line restrictions.